The following are just some recent philosophy titles that have caught my eye lately. These are the sorts of projects I try to track, so I thought I’d flag some of them down for any others whose interests might overlap with mine. If I can manage to find the time, I’ll provide some additional annotations for a few of these works (they really do deserve better promotions than I’m offering at the moment). For now though, unfortunately, just links will have to suffice — for those that’d care for more info. I will say this though, I’m pleased to see the amount of attention being paid to the burgeoning branch of philosophy getting labeled metaphilosophy. Practically overnight it has overtaken what I previously took to be my interest in epistemology.
- Gordon Graham, Wittgenstein and Natural Religion, (OUP, 2014).
- Peter Hacker, Human Nature: The Categorial Framework, (Wiley-Blackwell, 2010).
- —. The Intellectual Powers: A Study of Human Nature, (Wiley-Blackwell, 2013).
- Anthony O’Hear, ed., Conceptions of Philosophy, (CUP, 2010).
- Overgaard, Gilbert and Burwood, An Introduction to Metaphilosophy, (CUP, 2013).
- Joseph K. Schear, ed., Mind Reason and Being in the World: The McDowell-Dreyfus Debate, (Routledge, 2013).
- Valerie Tiberius, Moral Psychology: A Contemporary Introduction, (Routledge, 2014).